Pinoleville Pomo Nation
Vocational Rehabilitation Program
“Celebrating One Success Story at a Time”
Serving the Needs of Native Americans in Mendocino, Lake and Sonoma Counties
Every American Indian with a disability, residing in Mendocino or Lake County has the right to apply for Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Services and to receive an assessment to determine eligibility. You may request to schedule an orientation with the VR Program.
The first step in the application process is to take part in a program orientation where a staff member will provide a thorough explanation of the VR process, eligibility determination, an individual plan for employment (IPE), employment and to answer any questions you might have. You will be given an application at the end of the orientation. When the application is returned to the VR Program, an initial interview will be scheduled within 10 days of the application received.
At this time the VR Counselor will review your application, make sure all documents are signed, and collect all of the documentation such as their tribal ID, Social Security Card, Identification Card, and Medical Records, discuss your Individual Plan for Employment, and answer any questions you might have. The VR program will determine eligibility within 60 days from the date of your initial interview.
The VR Counselor will need to record and review the following basic information:
- Name, social security number, citizenship status, date of birth and address (including zip code), and your tribal enrollment card;
- Information concerning your disability;
- Information about your income, primary source of support, and/or public assistance;
- Whether or not you receive social security benefits or supplemental security income (SSDI/SSI );
- Information detailing your education and work history;
- Whether you have previously applied for services.
Your VR Counselor will need medical documentation of your disability. This may include medical records, school records, or by arranging examinations and/or evaluations. Whenever possible, the program may use information available from you and other agencies where you have received services to determine eligibility
Vocational Rehabilitation Process:
- Apply for Services & Program Orientation
- Intake Interview
- Eligibility Determination
- Develop an Individual Plan for Employment
- Service Provisions
- Employment Search, Vocational & Job Training
- Employment for 90 consecutive days
- Post-Employment & Follow up services
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTATION TO HAVE WHEN APPLYING
- Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- Tribal Enrollment Verification
- Resume (If Available)