Pinoleville Pomo Nation
Vocational Rehabilitation Program
“Celebrating One Success Story at a Time”
Serving the Needs of Native Americans in Mendocino, Lake and Sonoma Counties
Services provided by the VR Program may include:
- Counseling and guidance
- Medical services and equipment
- Additional assessments through medical specialty exams, psychological and vocational testing, as needed
- Vocational training and education
- On-the-job training
- Referral to other community resources
- Telecommunications, sensory and other technological aids and devices
- Transportation assistance
- Assistance with maintenance costs
- Readers, interpreter, tutorial and note taker service
- Job seeking skills training
- Job development and placement
- Supported employment services, including job placement and coaching
- Work tools, equipment, and safety equipment
- Personal assistance services
- Services to family members
- Self – employment services
- Post-employment services
Something to think about….
YOUR INDIVIDUALIZED PLAN FOR EMPLOYMENT (IPE)
Deciding on an employment goal is an important step, and it may take some time. You and your VR Counselor will explore your unique strengths, resources, priorities, interests informed choice and needs, including the need for supported employment. Your VR Counselor can suggest and provide career exploration opportunities, which will help you make an informed choice about your employment goals. Whenever possible, the VR program uses information available from you and other agencies where you may have received prior services.
Your Individualized Plan for Employment services (I.P.E.) plan will be cooperatively developed and carried out by both you and your V.R. Counselor. Since every person is different, each rehabilitation plan will be individualized. You will have an important role in creating and carrying out your own (IPE). In most cases, you and your VR counselor will be the ones selecting these services; however, the Pinoleville Pomo Nation must approve any purchase of goods or services that may be part of your IPE. Feel free to talk with your VR Counselor if you have any questions.
Once your employment goal has been determined, you and your VR Counselor will agree on and develop a written plan for reaching your goals. Your IPE will include:
- Your employment goal;
- Your objectives to meet your goal;
- Your responsibilities as the key person in carrying out your IPE;
- Your VR Counselor’s responsibilities in assisting you in your plan;
- Services needed to reach your goal, including services from other agencies, if available.