Pinoleville Pomo Nation
Vocational Rehabilitation Program
“Celebrating One Success Story at a Time”
Serving the Needs of Native Americans in Mendocino, Lake and Sonoma Counties
Your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) will review your application packet to determine your eligibility for services. If it will take longer than 60 days to determine if you are eligible, you will be contacted by your VR Counselor.
In order to be eligible for VR services you must answer “yes” to the following questions;
- Is the applicant an enrolled member of a Federally or State Recognized Tribe?
- Does the applicant live in Lake, Mendocino, or Sonoma Counties?
- Does the applicant have a physical or mental impairment?
- Does the physical or mental impairment cause substantial impediment to employment?
- Is there a reasonable expectation in terms of employment outcome that the applicant will benefit from VR services?
- Does the applicant require VR services in order to achieve an employment outcome?
In some circumstances, an individual’s disability may be too severe for program services to be beneficial, however, before a determination can be made, your VR Counselor will arrange an extended evaluation with you to assess if an employment outcome is realistic.
Adaptive technology, accommodations and work site evaluation are examples of services that may be used as part of this evaluation to identify your vocational abilities.